Taking your car to a dealer or the local mechanic can be a stressful affair, especially if you aren’t actually sure what is wrong with the car. This is where the FIXD car repair sensor comes into its own, alerting you to perform scheduled maintenance, find out if the issue is severe enough to be unsafe to drive, and also translate up to 7000 error codes into plain English. The FIXD sensor connects to your Android or iOS smartphone, and its now available for just $19.99, down from its $59 RRP.
The FIXD sensor plugs into the OBD2 port under the steering wheel of gas-powered cars built after 1996 and is the same port that mechanics use to diagnose your car’s issues. Once inserted, simply start the engine of your vehicle and then open up the FIXD app on your phone and hit “Scan” to instantly decode your ‘Check Engine’ light and monitor your car’s health in realtime.
You can use the aforementioned features free of charge in the FIXD app, but if you want to take things up a notch you can sign up for the Premium plan for $5.83 monthly. The Premium plan adds the following features:
- Talk to a mechanic and gain advice on which parts to buy or even DIY repair walkthroughs 6 days a week
- Use the engine code to discover what the fair market price for your repair and thus avoid being ripped-off
- Predict future car problems and extend the life of your vehicle
- Find out the previous owner information, accident history, and details of any used car you might purchase
- Check your emissions at home before wasting a trip to the testing station
You can buy the FIXD Diagnostic Sensor directly from the brand’s online store for $19.99 instead of the usual $59 via the link below.
Buy it Now: FIXD