Razer is leveling up its Huntsman series of keyboards today with the new Huntsman Tournament Edition (TE). Built with professional gamers in mind, the Huntsman TE takes the Huntsman design, shrinks it down, and leverages incredibly fast optical linear switches with replaceable key caps.
Razer claims its new keys, which use red switches, offer its fastest actuation to date at 1.0mm. Because they’re linear, there’s no bump as you press them down either, so the keyboard should feel that much more responsive.
All of this is packed into a smaller frame that cuts the numpad and features a detachable USB-C cable for easy transportation. The onboard memory can also store five profiles on the go. And, of course, there’s Razer Chroma lighting here.
Here’s a quick rundown of the Huntsman TE’s specs:
- Razer Linear Optical Switch with 40 G actuation force
- 100 million keystroke lifespan
- Razer Doubleshot PBT Keycaps
- Standard Bottom Row Layout
- Compact form factor
- Detachable USB-C Braided Fiber Cable
- Aluminum matte top plate
- Hybrid onboard storage – up to 5 profiles
- Chroma backlighting with 16.8 million customizable color options
- Razer Synapse 3 enabled
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- 10 key roll-over with anti-ghosting
- Gaming mode option
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
In our review of the Huntsman TE, we found the keyboard to be incredibly responsive, but it’s also very easy to make mistakes while typing. For more, check out the full review.
If you’re interested in picking a Huntsman TE up for yourself, the keyboard is available now for $130 at Razer.
Stupidly fast optical switches for killer gaming performance
Optical switches mean virtually no delay and the new red linear ones here are about the fastest you’ll find on any keyboard.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.